Asian salad Inspired by the Chinese chicken salad from Joan's On Third in LA, but this one's vegan. Shredded iceberg lettuce, sweet and tangy dressing, and lots of crunchies!
- 4 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups ready to eat fried noodles (we use Chang's)
- 2 cups crispy wonton strips (see note for homemade option)
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until combined.
To shred the lettuce, cut off the bottom core, then cut down the middle of the head, and again through each half. Lay each quartered piece flat side down and slice into 1/4" strips.
Divide lettuce among bowls, add 1/4 cup dressing and toss. Then top with crispy noodles and fried wonton strips!
- Can also make this for a large group and dress the salad all together, but I would recommend letting everyone add their crunchies individually so they don't sit in the dressing and get soggy.
- Make the dressing ahead and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- For Homemade Wonton Strips: heat 1 cup of vegetable oil in a pan with high sides, cut wontons into strips, and drop into the oil for about 10 seconds. Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet to cool. These burn really quickly so watch them very closely!