Roasted Cauliflower Quinoa Bowl
Roasted cauliflower tossed in a creamy spicy sauce with crispy green beans and fluffy quinoa. It’s delicious hot or cold and is a great option for meal prep. Also naturally vegan and gluten free.
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- salt & pepper
- fresh chives, finely chopped
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C.
- Combine 1/8 cup vegetable oil with the cornstarch in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Break the cauliflower into florets, then add the florets to the vegetable oil/cornstarch mixture and toss well to coat. Spread out on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove the tops and tails of the green beans, then cut into 1" pieces. Lay out on a lined baking sheet and season generously with salt & pepper. Dry roast these (without using any oil) for 12 minutes. They will be crispy and slightly blistered.
- Prepare the quinoa by first rinsing thoroughly, then adding to a small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover for 15-20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff lightly with a fork, then cover and let steam for an additional 4 minutes.
- Rinse out the large mixing bowl you used to toss the florets, then use it to prepare the sauce. Add all ingredients and whisk until combined and smooth. Season to taste: if too acidic, add 1/2 tbsp of mayo.
- Add the roasted cauliflower florets to the sauce and toss well to coat. Add the quinoa and mix. Then add the green beans and mix.
- Divide amongst bowls, then top with fresh chives and more salt & pepper.
- Serve hot or cold. Delicious as a hot main dish, as a hot or cold appetizer, or works great for meal prep (keeps up to 4 days in the fridge).
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side.
Tried this recipe?Mention @thesimpleseagan or tag #thesimpleseagan!