Baked Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Dairy free crab dip stuffed into mushroom cups and then baked. Perfect bite sized appetizers and as easy as it gets to prepare. The key is to par-roast the mushrooms upside down before stuffing and baking so they release their moisture.
- 1 batch dairy free crab dip follow recipe steps to prepare, but don't pre-bake
- 1 lb baby bella mushrooms
- olive oil cooking spray
- chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F / 190C.
- Lightly spray the mushrooms with olive oil and arrange them cap side up (removed stem side down) on a cookie sheet.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. **This step helps remove some of the moisture from the mushrooms to prevent them from being soggy after the final bake.**
- Pour the mixed crab dip into a ziploc bag, and push all to one corner. Wind the bag tightly to create a piping cone and cut the corner off the bag.
- Pipe about 1 tbsp of mixture into each mushroom cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh chives.