Vegan “Egg Roll” in a Bowl
Shredded cabbage and carrots are seasoned with rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Topped with green onions and crispy wonton strips and kissed with sweet chili sauce. Healthy, flavorful, vegan and very straightforward.. this is simply unwrapped filling of an egg roll.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled and finely sliced or grated
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper + more to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- crispy wontons to garnish
- sweet chili sauce to finish
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and shredded carrots, then cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage and vegetable broth, stirring to combine.
- Add coconut aminos, rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well then cover the pan. Reduce to medium-low and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until cabbage is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat, stir in toasted sesame oil and a handful of green onions.
- To serve: top with crispy wontons and more green onions and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce