Chili Garlic Shrimp with Vegan Ponzu Aioli
Spicy, garlicky shrimp served with a tangy, citrus aioli. You don't need the stove at all for this one, and the whole dish takes about 30 minutes. Simple. Delicious.
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lb raw shrimp, de-shelled, de-veined, tails off
- 1 bunch green onions
For the Ponzu Aioli
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp ponzu
- 2 tsp agave
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 205C.
- Combine the chili garlic sauce, coconut aminos, agave, oyster sauce, and fish sauce together in a bowl and mix well. Add the shrimp and let marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade by shaking off excess liquid (but don't wipe!) and spread out on a lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size of the shrimp) until pink.
- For the sauce: whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve on the side as a dipping sauce or drizzle over top!
- Garnish with chopped green onions.