Dairy Free Baked Crab Dip
This one is a little indulgent, but it’s dairy-free and lick the bowl good. Lightly spiced, sweet crab meat folded into a creamy, cheesy mixture and baked to perfection. Enjoy this dip with chips, on toast, or try crudités for a healthier option.
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese, at room temperature i use kite hill brand
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream i use kite hill brand
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese i use violife brand
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb claw or lump crab meat, ready to eat (see recipe notes)
- 1 bunch chives, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350F / 176C.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients (except the chives), and fold together until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with lots of fresh chives.
You can find ready to eat crab meat in the refrigerated bins in front of your seafood counter at most major grocery stores. In the UK, my fishmonger has fresh hand-picked crab meat available. This is one of the few recipes where canned crab meat is also a suitable option in a pinch, because there is enough manipulation to the ingredients that it won’t maintain its tinny taste.