Dairy Free Creamy Tuscan Salmon
Tender, flaky salmon drenched in a dairy-free garlic cream sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Quick and easy, but tastes fancy.
- 2 4 oz salmon fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 small jar sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced and extra slices for serving
- chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 250ml carton of oatly! cream
- Season the salmon fillets generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook the salmon, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the vegan butter and garlic and sautée for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add the onion and sautée until translucent, another 5 minutes.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and sautée another 5 minutes, so they can release all of their juices and flavor.
- Pour in the 1/3 cup of white wine, cook until the alcohol smell has burned off and the liquid has reduced.
- Lower the heat slightly and pour in the box of cream*. Stir to combine and then raise the heat slightly to bring sauce to a low boil.
- Stir in the lemon juice and let the sauce reduce/slightly thicken for 5 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to your liking (I added about 1/2 tsp of each).
- Pour in the spinach and stir until it has wilted.
- Return the salmon to the pan and spoon over the sauce. Let salmon heat through for a few minutes.
- Divide between plates, top with fresh parsley or basil, additional squeeze of lemon, and garnish with lemon slices!
* You could also use 1 cup of cashew cream here for a thicker sauce or 1 cup of unsweetened dairy-free milk (I would recommend unsweetened almond or soy) for a thinner sauce.