Baked Lemon Dijon Halibut
Light and healthy halibut, seasoned in a simple lemon & Dijon mustard marinade, and finished in the oven. If you serve with roasted veggies, you don't even need a stove for this meal. Quick, easy, and delicious.
- 2 6 oz halibut fillets, skin off
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- slices lemon, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Make the marinade by combing the garlic, mustard, lemon juice and zest, paprika, salt & pepper in a small bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until all combined. Add 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper, or more to your liking.
- Lay the halibut fillets on the baking sheet and use a pastry brush to brush the mixture on (or just pour it over and rub in with your hands or a spoon). Let these sit and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- Move the baking tray with the marinated fillets to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Finish with some freshly chopped parsley and lemon slices.
I served these on a bed of sautéed spinach, leeks, and peas (which I cooked in a pan), but you could throw some green beans or asparagus or brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet with the halibut for a one pan meal!
Tried this recipe?Mention @thesimpleseagan or tag #thesimpleseagan!