The fluffiest most perfect pancakes. No eggs, no dairy, made using a 5 minute vegan "buttermilk". They take me right back to Sunday morning breakfasts as a kid.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp organic sugar
For the Vegan "Buttermilk"
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all of the vegan "buttermilk" ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Slowly add in the "buttermilk" and whisk to combine. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, or until you see some bubbles form on the top. The longer you let this stand, the more the pancakes will rise.
- Grease a frying pan with vegan butter or oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter at a time into the pan and flip once you see bubbles forming and the edges lift easily. Depending on how hot your pan is, this should be about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Stack them up, top with vegan butter or maple syrup and enjoy!
Serving: 1pancakeCalories: 93kcal